Nutrition

Guys, I have a confession to make. I eat lunch at my desk. I know… This is straight out of the classic “10 Things Not to do at Work” post that I will inevitably end up writing, but I find that it helps me stay productive throughout the day.

To keep my lunch easily accessible, I use my trusty bento box. I can’t live without it, and I 100% mean that. Last Wednesday, I forgot my lunch at home and was reduced to eating a baguette and cheese without a knife. Have you ever bit into a whole wheel of brie while sitting at a reception desk? So classy.

Bento Boxes are EVERYWHERE right now. Inspired by Japanese culture, they are the perfect way to package a balanced lunch for work, school, or on-the-go. Since purchasing mine earlier this year, I have definitely felt inspired to explore and expand on the types of lunches that I bring to work. As silly as this is going to sound, my Bento Box allows me to be creative, so I thought I would share a bit of that creativity and write a post on three of my favourite Bento combinations.

Before we jump into the recipes, I want to start off by saying that I am not the best cook. That being said, these boxes are geared towards being easy and quick to replicate. If you’re anything like me in that you dread mornings, these combinations won’t have you sacrificing time to get a nutritious meal. Feel free to hit that snooze button again, ladies and gents!

This post contains affiliate links. For further information, click here to read a full disclaimer.

Box One – Starbucks-Inspired Bento Box

Bento Box Lunch Box Inspired by Starbucks

Starbucks-Inspired Bento Box Lunch Box

Box Two – Hummus and Turkey Bento Box

Bento Box with Hummus and Turkey

Hummus and Turkey Bento Box

Turkey and Spinach Roll Ups are super simple! I used a whole wheat wrap and slathered on the hummus; layered some turkey breast, spinach, and Swiss cheese; and then rolled it all up.

Box Three – Quesadilla Bento Box

Bento Box with Bean and Cheese Quesadilla, Salsa, Chips, and Guacamole

Yummy Quesadilla Bento Box

Click here for the amazing quesadilla recipe

There you have it! Three balanced and quick-to-prepare bento boxes. The Bento Box that I use to pack my lunch is the Takenaka Expanded Double Bento in Pink. You can find it here. It comes with one large compartment that can be separated into two sections, a smaller bottom compartment and a handy fork. Plus, you can’t beat all of the adorable colours it comes available in. If it’s not your style, there are a ton of other amazing ones choose from on Amazon.

Which box is your favourite? Let me know in the comments down below. If you end up recreating any of the recipes, tag me in photos on social media. Finally, If you like what you see, I welcome you to subscribe to the blog. As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive freebies, content notifications, and quarterly newsletters. I’d love to have you on board 🙂

Until next week,

Jenny

47 Comments

1. Nicola

January 5, 2018 at 7:44 am

Such great recipes I’m starving now!!!

1. admin

January 5, 2018 at 12:18 pm

Awe, thank you! If you’re hungry, and you need something in a pinch, I super suggest those quesadillas. Yum!

2. Amber Myers

January 5, 2018 at 8:25 am

These are such great ideas! My daughter wants to start bringing her lunch like this. I told her she can if she makes the stuff. I’m more of a make a sandwich, toss a bag of chips and a fruit cup in kind of mom.

1. admin

January 5, 2018 at 12:23 pm

If you ever decided you want to start packing your daughter’s lunch in a bento box, it’s a really great tool to help children learn about eating healthy and balanced meals. Although, I love me some chips and a fruit cup haha 🙂

3. Annegret

January 5, 2018 at 8:53 am

Great lunch box ideas! Eating healthy during the day is NB!

1. admin

January 5, 2018 at 12:24 pm

Thank you! It’s SO important. Helps keep your energy up during a long day at work.

4. elsie

January 5, 2018 at 8:59 am

Hmmm, this looks so yummy and exciting. I plan on eating healthy at work too I’m definitely trying these out!

1. admin

January 5, 2018 at 12:24 pm

Go for it! Plus, bento boxes are so cute! No more brown paper bags for me haha.

5. Marie, Mamma's Cooking

January 5, 2018 at 9:31 am

Such great ideas! I use bento-like boxes for my kids’ lunches and it definitely helps to inspire me to be creative and add healthy items to the different compartments 🙂

1. admin

January 5, 2018 at 12:25 pm

That’s great! There’s nothing like a healthy lunch to keep your kids focused on school!

6. Sarah Althouse

January 5, 2018 at 9:39 am

Oh perfect I have a bento box my sister gave me as a gift!

1. admin

January 5, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Give it a try! It will totally flip your lunch game upside down.

7. Alexandra

January 5, 2018 at 9:40 am

Do I live under a rock?! I’ve never seen these before but I love the look of them. Solves two issues: spending money out for lunch and food touching!

1. admin

January 5, 2018 at 12:26 pm

Hahaha. I never thought of the “food touching” thing before, but that totally makes sense. I have a couple friends who would love it for that reason alone.

8. candy

January 5, 2018 at 9:40 am

Wonderful and easy lunch box ideas. Like the photos seeing is the actual lunch idea is wonderful. Not hard to make.

1. admin

January 5, 2018 at 12:31 pm

Right?! Super easy. I have a hard enough time in the kitchen, so Bentos are perfect for me lol.

9. Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh

January 5, 2018 at 10:28 am

I work from home and I too eat at my desk for lunch…and breakfast. I love the ease of a bento box! These are some great ideas.

1. admin

January 5, 2018 at 12:32 pm

Thank you 🙂 Glad you enjoyed!

10. Rebecca Sanchez

January 5, 2018 at 10:49 am

Wonderful – we love Bento box lunches as well! I like your Starbuck’s inspired one – very yummy and perfect for all day snacking!

1. admin

January 5, 2018 at 12:32 pm

The Starbucks one is SO good… and like half the price of the actual Starbucks Protein Box 😉

11. Ayanna @ 21FlavorsofSplendor

January 5, 2018 at 11:39 am

Yummy! I knew Bento boxes are all the rage for kids lunches, but I never thought of them for myself. I will have to get me one now. I love the Hummus and Turkey Bento Box and Quesadilla Bento Box.

1. admin

January 5, 2018 at 12:30 pm

If you end up trying out a bento box, check out Mind Over Munch on Youtube . It’s a channel full of amazing bento box combos. Have fun 🙂

12. Sarah Bailey

January 5, 2018 at 12:36 pm

OK my goodness what some delicious round up of bento box ideas, I keep thinking love this idea and then I would I see the next and want to try it even more! YUM!

13. Courtney Buechle

January 5, 2018 at 1:49 pm

This look so good! I need those boxes, they would be the perfect excuse for me to finally start packing my lunch!

14. Larissa

January 5, 2018 at 1:50 pm

This is awesome and seems super easy to pack! I’ve been on the lookout for lunch boxes that I can take to school with me that won’t take up a lot of room, but still have different compartments for me to use. This bento box seems like the perfect solution to my problem! I’ll have to go check out the different colors for sure!

15. Angela Thiede

January 5, 2018 at 5:01 pm

I’m a little ashamed to admit that I did not know what a Bento Box actually was before reading this. They seem perfect for a healthy work lunch…wait, now I know why I didn’t know what it was. I said the word healthy.
    Seriously, though…this is a great idea for a quick lunch to pack with you for work. Great post.

16. Leo T. Ly

January 5, 2018 at 5:17 pm

I would sign up for the hummus and turkey bento box anytime. In fact, I would probably add some avocado on top of it.

17. Erin Sluka

January 5, 2018 at 11:58 pm

I have a 9 year old who is a bit of a foodie so I have fun making lunches like these for him for school

18. mj

January 6, 2018 at 1:12 am

I prefer large meal box with a lot of compartments for the dish, desserts and rice. But this looked handy that made it perfect for traveling as well.

19. Andrea

January 6, 2018 at 9:07 am

I really like these bento boxes, they are so cool and all the wonderful lunch ideas. I mean as much as I am an adult there is something fun about lunch boxes… or is that just me? LOL. I also think it would be great when going on a picnic.

20. Sara

January 6, 2018 at 12:08 pm

These are fantastic lunch ideas! I’m always looking for them, so I’m glad I found this post! 🙂

21. Theresa Bailey

January 6, 2018 at 2:42 pm

I love the idea of using a bento box. That is a great visual for portion control. Your food options here are so healthy but tasty. I love it!

22. Caitlin

January 6, 2018 at 2:59 pm

I LOVE bento boxes – you have some amazing options here. I’m saving this article to refer to as I’m trying to eat more meals from home this year!

23. Patricia-Ann Que

January 6, 2018 at 4:49 pm

what a great idea especially for those who are always on the go like me! i like it that one can be creative and healthy in a fast and easy way!

24. Fely

January 6, 2018 at 5:06 pm

I actually use a bento box for my daughter’s lunch. Makes it so easy to put the right proportions as well. I’ll be trying the quesadilla one soon.

25. Prajakta Sharma

January 6, 2018 at 7:41 pm

These are such amazing lunch box ideas…loved all of them and the photography is on point! That was a good read for me on a Saturday evening 🙂

26. Lauren

January 6, 2018 at 10:06 pm

I saw a Bento box at the store but had no idea how to use them! Now I get it lol! Thanks for sharing!

Lauren

27. emman damian

January 7, 2018 at 4:37 am

I love quesadilla style bento box. It looks so good! I also love the portions.

28. Kim

January 7, 2018 at 7:24 am

These are such great lunch ideas! I totally need to get me some Bento boxes and get with the program!

29. Amber S.

January 7, 2018 at 9:53 pm

I just came across a Bento Box for the first time today at a restaurant called The Cowfish in Raleigh. They are so cute, and filling. The hummus and turkey box looks so yummy, and perfect for lunch!

30. Claudia Krusch

January 7, 2018 at 10:56 pm

I need to get a bento box so I can make lunches like this. I am trying to eat healthier and bring my lunches to work with me. Thanks for the great recipes to try.

31. Kiwi

January 8, 2018 at 3:59 am

Great Bento Box ideas. Now I want to make a few bento boxes myself for lunch!

32. Cathleen @ A Taste of Madness

January 8, 2018 at 6:12 am

These are perfect! An way cheaper than buying them at Starbucks.

33. Sauumye Chauhan

January 8, 2018 at 9:25 am

I love Bento Box !! I prepare them for offcie & college a lot!! These are some super easy & amazing

34. David Elliott

January 8, 2018 at 10:17 am

Those are very cool Bento boxes there. I love the different variety of things you can do with them. And I always love chips and guacamole.

35. Suzanne Spiegoski

January 9, 2018 at 1:44 am

These are all great meal ideas to fit into your bento box! Love them all!